Coronavirus Outbreak Updates
September 17, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of St. Paul’s,
Here’s an update for you on how the Coronavirus pandemic is impacting St. Paul’s:
On September 8th, Orange County moved from the Purple Tier to the Red Tier in Governor Newsom’s "Blue Print for a Safer Economy." This change allowed churches to return to worshipping indoors at 25% seating capacity or 100 people, whichever is less. We had such a great turnout the first weekend we opened, so we are adding another Sunday worship service!
Starting this weekend (September 19-20) our new weekend worship schedule will be:
- 5pm Saturday traditional service in the sanctuary
- 9:30 am & 10:30 am Sunday contemporary services in the sanctuary
- 10am Sunday San Pablo ministry service in Spanish outside the Modj, behind the church gym.
Because the guidelines still limit us to 100 worshippers, advance reservations are required for all services, except the San Pablo service. To make reservations, please visit our church web site: stpaulsorange.org.
Please note the following details which are still in place for all our on-campus worship services:
- Worshippers must wear masks the entire time you are on our campus and maintain six feet of physical distancing at all times.
- Worship services will be ~30 minutes in length.
- Holy Communion will be celebrated at all services every week. Communion servers will wear masks and gloves during the distribution. The common cup of wine will not be available at this time.
- Offerings will be received at the entrance/exit. Offering plates will not be passed.
- All worship volunteers (musicians, deacons, ushers, elders, etc.) will receive a health screening before serving.
- Those who are running a fever or showing any signs of illness should NOT attend. All worshippers should take their temperature before leaving home to ensure they are not sick.
While we have put in place many preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we cannot guarantee that you will not be infected by attending on-campus services. Because of the contagious nature of Covid-19, all worshippers assume the risk of possible exposure and waive their rights concerning liability. (Click HERE for more information about risk and liability.)
Online services will continue to be offered for those who are still unable to attend our on-campus services. If you are worshipping online, please use our new “Digital Check-In” system to let us know you are watching. On YouTube, you will find the Digital Check-In link just below the video. On our Facebook Watch Parties, the link will be placed into the comments.
We sincerely hope that these options will continue to serve your spiritual needs during this difficult time.