Coronavirus Outbreak Updates
November 17, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of St. Paul’s,
I’m writing today with another update for you on how the Coronavirus pandemic is impacting St. Paul’s. Yesterday, Orange County was moved back to the Purple Tier in Governor Newsom’s "Blue Print for a Safer Economy." This change means that we may not hold worship services inside the sanctuary.
Therefore, starting this weekend (November 21-22) our on-campus weekend worship schedule will be:
- 4pm Saturday traditional service outside at the lunch tables on the K-8 school campus. (901 E. Heim Ave)
- 10:30am Sunday contemporary service outside at the lunch tables on the K-8 school campus. (901 E. Heim Ave)
- 10:30am Sunday San Pablo ministry service in Spanish outside the Modj, behind the church gym. (1250 E. Heim Ave.)
Because the guidelines still limit us to 100 worshippers, advance reservations are required for all services, except the San Pablo service. To make reservations, please visit our church web site: stpaulsorange.org.
Please note: the following details which are still in place for all our on-campus worship services:
- Worshippers must wear masks the entire time you are on our campus and maintain six feet of physical distancing at all times.
- Worship services will be ~30 minutes in length.
- Holy Communion will be celebrated at all on-campus services every week. Communion servers will wear masks and gloves during the distribution. The common cup of wine will not be available at this time.
- Offerings will be received at the entrance/exit. Offering plates will not be passed.
- All worship volunteers (musicians, deacons, ushers, elders, etc.) will receive a health screening before serving.
- Those who are running a fever or showing any signs of illness should NOT attend. All worshippers should take their temperature before leaving home to ensure they are not sick.
While we have put in place many preventative measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we cannot guarantee that you will not be infected by attending on-campus worship services. Because of the contagious nature of Covid-19, all worshippers assume the risk of possible exposure and waive their rights concerning liability. (Click HERE for more information about risk and liability.)
Livestreamed worship services will continue to be offered for those who are unable to attend our on-campus services. However, please note the new times for our livestreamed services:
- 5:30 pm Saturday---Livestreamed Traditional Worship Service
- 9:00 am Sunday—Livestreamed Contemporary Worship Service
All our live-streamed services can be accessed on our YouTube channel. After each live-stream is completed, the service recording will be immediately available on YouTube for viewing on-demand. If you are worshipping online, please use our “Digital Check-In” system to let us know you are watching. On YouTube, you will find the Digital Check-In link just below each video.
Thank you for your flexibility as we continue to work through this ever-changing situation. And thank God that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever!” (Hebrews 13:8)